Rottberg Cemetry
Size: 0.27 hectares
Opened: 5 February 1897
On 16 March 1890, the landowners August and Charlotte Kampmann donated a plot of land measuring approximately 2,738 square metres to the then Municipality of Hardenberg-Neviges and the rural communities of Rottberg, Richrath, Voßnaken and Wallmichrath. The donated land was designated for use as a cemetery.
The first burial took place on 5 February 1897 at the churchyard in Rottberg, now known as the Municipal Rottberg Cemetery. Following the local government reorganization on 1 January 1975, the City of Velbert became the legal successor responsible for the cemetery previously administered by the former City of Neviges.
This tranquil cemetery is located on the outskirts of the city, surrounded by fields and meadows, and comprises approximately 380 burial plots.
Only earth burials are permitted at this cemetery, in the following grave types:
Family Graves
Single Graves


Available Burial Types:
Family Grave
Single Grave
Family Urn Grave
Single Urn Grave
Children's Single Grave
Anonymous Urn Grave
Companion Pet Interment